Police Chief Mike Simo
Morton Grove Police Department
6101 Capulina Avenue
Morton Grove, IL 60053
Emergency 10 Digit
A Proud History of Service
Established - October 31, 1895
The Morton Grove Police Department is staffed with 75 members who are divided into Patrol, Field, Support Services, and Administrative Staff.
The members of the Police Department are dedicated professionals who provide exceptional service to the citizens of Morton Grove. We are committed to providing responsive and professional police service and to maintaining the safest possible environment to preserve Morton Grove’s status as a great place to live and work.
Thank you for taking an interest in our Department and Community. We hope you find this site interesting and informative.
See Something… Say Something!
“Keep our Community Safe”
Dial 911 to report any emergency that requires an immediate police response (in-progress crimes, in-progress suspicious activities or suspicious vehicles, etc), or to report post-incident crimes or recent activities that require a police response to your location for non-emergency reports or investigation.
Dial 847-470-5200 to contact the Morton Grove Police Department non-emergency line for questions, requests or information.
Dial 847-663-3828 to report anonymous crime tips on the TipsHotLine.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to email crime tips.
If you are unsure who to call, dial 911!
Please stay calm, remain on the line and be prepared to give as much information as possible, including: the nature of the incident, location of incident, your location, the suspects location or direction of travel, the suspects description (head to toe, special identifiers), the suspects vehicle description (color, make, model, license plate, condition, special identifiers).
DEA National Take-Back Initiative
Saturday October 22nd from 10:00 am-2:00 pm at the police department parking lot.
The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs. No needles may be accepted. Intra-venous (IV) solutions, injectables, and syringes should NOT be accepted due to potential hazard posed by blood-borne pathogens. Inhalers and other compressed air cylinders may NOT be accepted.
Trick-or-treating in the Village of Morton Grove will be held on Monday, October 31st from 3:30pm-7:30pm.
The Village also asks that you be respectful of your neighbors while trick-or-treating only go to homes of people you know. If you have questions regarding trick-or-treating hours, please contact the Morton Grove Police Department at 847-470-5200. The Morton Grove Police Department recommends that parents take a few simple, but important, steps to help ensure their children's safety during Halloween.
1. Young children should be accompanied by a responsible adult while Trick-or-Treating.
2. Make sure that any masks that are worn do not block the vision of your children. They should be able to see well both in front and to each side.
3. If you are Trick-or-Treating after dark, please use reflective tape on costumes and carry a flashlight.
4. For parents of older children, you should know the routes they are planning to take and set a time for them to be home. It is strongly recommended that children go out in groups rather than by themselves.
5. Review the contents of all treats collected by your children before allowing it to be eaten. Remove any suspicious treats. If any treats show signs of possible tampering, please call the police department.