The Village only accepts applications and resumes in connection with specific advertised positions. Applications and resumes are not kept on file. If there is an advertised position you would like to apply for listed below, please click on the corresponding link for more information.
PART-TIME COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICER
2016 Salary Range: $18.55 to $19.02 per hour
(Click here for the CSO Application packet)
The Morton Grove Police Department is accepting applications to maintain a pool of candidates for potential future job openings for the position of part-time Community Service Officer.
The expected regular mandatory hours will be 10pm – 2am with the possibility of working until 6am depending on the shift workload. Employees may also on occasion be required to work 16 consecutive hours.
Duties include but are not limited to front desk reception, data entry, assisting police and the public in person and on the telephone, report writing and other office support duties.
Interested individuals should fill out a Village of Morton Grove application form and e-mailing the completed form along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As job openings occur, applicants will be contacted by the Police department and scheduled for an interview.
Applicants selected to continue with the hiring process after the interview must pass a background investigation and polygraph examination. Applicants selected for hire must pass a psychological examination, physical and medical drug screen.
Applicants who fail any part of the process after the interview will be removed from the pool of candidates.
Please note that there is no deadline to submit your application, however, if and when the maximum limit in the job pool has been reached, the Police department reserves the right to stop accepting applications.
As a reminder, the position is a non-sworn, uniformed, civilian position designed to provide office and desk support for the midnight shift of the police department. Candidates must possess excellent customer service skills. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively via telephone, police radio or in person in a patient and courteous manner in a high stress environment. Must be able to comprehend, interpret, explain and make decisions in accordance to established department procedures and policies. Preferred candidates will possess some law enforcement background.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Clerical/customer service experience.
• Strong ability to multi-task and high attention to detail.
• Self-starter and ability to work independently.
• Microsoft Office Suite experience.
• Ability to learn industry specific software.
• Team player and ability to interact well with others.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Valid Illinois driver’s license and clear driving record.
The Village of Morton Grove is an equal opportunity employer.
1. Application packets are available at the Morton Grove Police Department located at 6101 Capulina Avenue in Morton Grove or on-line at http://www.mortongroveil.org/resident/about/EmploymentOpportunities.asp
2. E-mail a copy of your application, disclosure form and resume to email@example.com.
3. Faxed or hard copies of the application packet will not be accepted.
4. All communication regarding the hiring process will be sent via e-mail. All applicants must provide a valid e-mail address.
(Click here to download the CSO Application packet)
Check back in the future for new Morton Grove employment opportunities.