The Village only accepts applications and resumes in connection with specific advertised positions. Applications and resumes are not kept on file. If there is an advertised position you would like to apply for listed below, please click on the corresponding link for more information.
Maintenance Worker I
The Village of Morton Grove is currently recruiting for a full-time Maintenance Worker position in the Streets Division of the Public Works Department. To be considered for the position, applicants must submit a completed application packet that includes the following by 12:00 pm Friday, December 21, 2018 to the office of the Director of Public Works, 7840 Nagle Avenue, Morton Grove, IL 60053:
- Completed online application (Required)
- Attached Cover Letter (Optional)
- Attached Resume (Optional)
The Village of Morton Grove Department of Public Works Streets Division team performs a large variety of tasks that enhance and maintain Village streets and alleys for vehicles. Maintains all Village street and regulatory signs. Responds to ice control and snow plowing during the winter months. Assists other divisions within the Department of Public Works. We are looking for innovative, self-motivated and team orientated individual. Experience with hot mix asphalt patching and paving is desired. The salary range for this position is $51,261 - $66,313 annually DOQ. Health and pension benefits are also available.
Part-Time Desk Community Service Officer
The Morton Grove Police Department is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of part-time Desk Community Service Officer to work the midnight shift. This will be a non-sworn, uniformed, civilian position within the ranks of the police department.
Regular mandatory hours for part-time Desk CSOs are generally a minimum of two (2) consecutive 4 to 8 hour shifts weekly on the midnight shift. An opportunity to work more hours or additional shifts will be presented when available but are limited to 1,000 hours per year.
Duties include but are not limited to front desk reception, data entry, assisting police and the public in person and on the telephone, report writing and other office support duties. Perform searches of male and female prisoners as required and physical well-being checks of prisoners in cells and holding areas.
Candidates must possess excellent customer service skills and must be able to communicate effectively via telephone or in person in a patient and courteous manner in a high stress environment. Must be able to comprehend, interpret, explain and make decisions in accordance to established department procedures and policies. Preferred candidates will possess some law enforcement background.
Starting pay is $19.31 per hour.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work any shift plus weekends and holidays if needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Clerical/customer service experience.
- Strong ability to multi-task and high attention to detail.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Ability to learn industry specific software.
- Team player and ability to interact well with others.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license and clear driving record.
- Candidate must pass a background investigation, polygraph test, psychological examination, medical exam and drug screen.
- Submit your application, disclosure form, cover letter, resume and a copy of your high school or college diploma via e-mail to email@example.com.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
- Faxed or hard copies of the application packet will not be accepted.
- All communication regarding the hiring process will be sent via e-mail. All applicants must provide a valid e-mail address.
External Job Posting Announcement
The Morton Grove, Niles, Park Ridge and Wilmette Fire Departments are currently accepting applications for the position of firefighter!
New Hire Application
Check back in the future for new Morton Grove employment opportunities.