Our Garage Sale Maps are now available:
Friday, August 11 Map
Saturday, August 12 Map
Sunday, August 13 Map
Interactive Online Map
Rain or shine, the Village's community-wide garage sale will occur on Friday, August 11 through Sunday, August 13. This is a great opportunity to find local treasures around Morton Grove, as well as clear out a few treasures of your own.
All sellers must register (it's free!), and we will provide a location guide/map to all garage sale destinations.
Print out the registration form or complete the registration form online!
Event Rules and Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to Register?
- All persons conducting garage sales must register the sale with the Village.
- Registration is free but must be submitted before August 2 in order for the sales location to be included on the Village map and location guide.
- Registration forms can be completed online, downloaded or at Village Hall.
Do I need to Register for all three days?
- No! You can sign up to conduct your sale on Friday August 11, Saturday August 12 and/or Sunday August 13—all three days, one day or two days, it’s up to you.
Is there a registration fee?
- The Village’s $5.00 Garage Sale permit fee will be waived for registered participants in this event
- This sale will not be counted against the 2 sale per year limit per household for garage sales
What are the sale dates and times?
- Sales are allowed only from Friday August 11 through Sunday August 13 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- There is no rain date for this event
What signage is allowed?
- Signs are allowed only on the dates of the sale and only at the location of the sale and nearby street corners (signs on private property require owner’s consent)
- Signs must be no larger than 2 feet by 3 feet
- Signs are not allowed on any street, sign post, traffic signal, utility pole or tree.
- All signs must be removed by 10:00 pm on the last day of the sale.
How will the Village promote this event?
- The Village will promote the event on its website, Facebook page, e-newsletter, through press releases and with posters and signage throughout the Village.
- Maps and location guides will be posted on August 7 and available online.