Rain or shine, the Village's community-wide garage sale will occur on Friday, August 10 through Sunday, August 12. This is a great opportunity to find local treasures around Morton Grove, as well as clear out a few treasures of your own.
All sellers must register (it's free!), and we will provide a location guide/map to all garage sale destinations.
Print out the registration form or complete the registration form online!
RULES/FAQS FOR 2018 VILLAGE-WIDE GARAGE SALES
- WHO NEEDS A GARAGE SALE PERMIT? Anyone wishing to host a garage sale (sometimes referred to as a “yard sale”) on residential property
- WHAT CAN BE SOLD AT A GARAGE SALE? Used clothing, household goods, wares and merchandise, owned by the holder(s) of the garage sale permit.
- WHEN IS THE 2018 VILLAGE-WIDE GARAGE SALE? Sales may be conducted from 9:00 am to 8:00 p.m. from Friday August 10-Sunday August 12.
- DOES THE PERMIT FOR THE 2018 VILLAGE-WIDE GARAGE SALE COUNT AGAINST THE 2 PERMIT LIMIT? No more than two (2) permits may be issued for any residential premise in a single calendar year. (Joint applications will be counted against the owner/renter of the property where the sales occur. Permits for the Annual Village-Wide Garage Sale are not counted against this limit.
- WHAT IS THE PERMIT FEE: Permits for the Annual Village-Wide Garage Sale are FREE.
- WHO CAN/SHOULD APPLY FOR A PERMIT? The owner or tenant where the sale will take place must apply for the permit. Persons living in different Village households may jointly apply for a permit for the same sale at a single residence.
- WHERE CAN YOU APPLY FOR A PERMIT? Applications are available on the Village website: http://www.mortongroveil.org/village-wide-garage-sale/ or at the Village’s Finance Department at Village Hall, 6101 Capulina Ave. Morton Grove.
- WHAT ARE THE SIGNAGE REGULATIONS THE 2018 VILLAGE-WIDE GARAGE SALE?
- Only Village of Morton Grove-issued garage sale signs may be used to advertise garage sales for this event.
- All non-Village-issued signs and items used to draw attention to the sale, including, but not limited to, banners, streamers and loudspeakers, are prohibited.
- Each sign must have a current Village-issued garage sale permit for the sale to be conducted affixed to the front and back of the sign.
- The Village will provide two (2) garage sale signs and four (4) stickers for each permit issued. Additional signs are available for $10.00 each and additional permit stickers are available for $3 each.
- At least one sign with the affixed permit must be prominently displayed on the premise for which the permit has been issued so that it is easily visible to persons passing by the premises.
- No more than five (5) Village-issued garage sale signs may be displayed for any one sale.
- Signs may be displayed only on the date(s) listed on the permit and shall be removed the day the garage sale ends before 9:00 p.m.
- Signs are not allowed within the public road right-of-way, attached to any fence, post, wall, tree, pole, or upon any other structure in any street, highway, alley, or public place in the Village.
- Property owner permission is required prior to placing signs on private property.