UPDATE NOTICE – CALDWELL AND OAKTON EMERGENCY WATER MAIN REPAIR
AS OF – Friday, June 14, 2019, @ 1:30 pm.
Morton Grove Public completed the third water main repair on the existing 14 inch water main on the south side of Oakton Street at Caldwell Avenue at approximately 2;30 am., Friday morning, June 14, 2019.
The following lane closures will be as follows through the weekend:
- The northbound left turn only lane and left lane will remain closed to traffic south of Oakton Street. Only the right lane on northbound Caldwell Avenue south of Oakton is open to traffic.
- The eastbound right lane on Oakton Street through the intersection will remain closed to traffic. Only the left eastbound lane and the eastbound right turn only lane on Oakton Street will be open to traffic.
Final pavement restoration will begin on Monday, June 17, 2019 with the following schedule, weather permitting:
- Monday, June 17, 2019 - prepare excavated area for PCC 10 inch concrete base course pavement. Place steel plating as necessary.
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019 – pour concrete base course pavement. Place steel plating as necessary.
- Thursday, June 20, 2019 – place Hot Mix Asphalt Binder Course and Hot Mix Asphalt Surface Course in the AM
- Thursday, June 20, 2019 – Open intersection to full traffic in the PM.