This purpose of this department is to coordinate land use planning, commercial and mixed-use redevelopment, and commercial revitalization, in order to promote a comprehensive redevelopment strategy for the Village. The primary focus of this department is economic development, including the following tasks:
- Retention and recruitment of new industrial and commercial businesses
- Job retention and creation
- Creation of community shopping and dining opportunities for residents
- Promote development of various housing options.
This department strives to strengthen the local business climate and to improve the quality-of-life for Village residents based on the following goals:
- Maintain the diversity of land uses within the Village while encouraging redevelopment that meets future needs of the community and builds upon existing commercial uses.
- Provide and maintain an attractive community that creates a positive public image and encourages individuals, families, and businesses to locate and invest in the community.
- Improve the quality of life for residents through enhanced shopping and dining opportunities and increased local tax revenues as a result of expanding the community's economic base.