Doing Business in Morton Grove

More than 700 businesses are located in Morton Grove. These include small “mom and pop” type of stores and services, local entrepreneurs, national retailers, and international corporations. The Department of Community and Economic Development welcomes your questions and Village staff will work with your business during each step of the development process, from site selection to final occupancy.

Morton Grove has been a fine place to do business for more than 100 years. Our staff and local leaders are committed to working with business leaders to continue this tradition. The Village’s commitment has been demonstrated by numerous actions to boost the local economy.

creation of two tax-increment (TIF) redevelopment districts that are intended to promote new investment along Waukegan Road and near the Metra commuter rail station;
façade improvement program to promote reinvestment along Dempster Street;
sales-tax sharing agreement with large retailers;
issuing industrial revenue bonds to promote reinvestment in local manufacturers;
adoption of an up-to-date Unified Development Code to streamline our development regulations
Village staff is readily available to assist you in your planning to open a business in Morton Grove. By selecting a location in Morton Grove, you have made a wise choice and we look forward to welcoming you to the community and patronizing your business.

Contact the Department of Community and Economic Development at (847) 470-5231 to request a complete packet with detailed information about choosing Morton Grove for your commercial or industrial business.

Click here to learn about regulations for home-based businesses.

Click here to download a business certificate application.

Scroll to Top