Before you discard that old television set or computer please be aware that it cannot be disposed of with your regular weekly garbage collection. In January of 2012, the State of Illinois passed a law prohibiting electronic items from being disposed of in Illinois landfills. The electronic items listed below are defined by Illinois law as E-Waste:
- Computers & Monitors • Cable Receivers
- Video Game Consoles • Fax Machines
- Electronic Mice • Small Scale Servers
- Printers • Satellite Receivers
- Scanners • VCR’s
- Televisions • DVD Players
- Converter Boxes • DVR Recorders
- Electronic Keyboards • Digital Music Players
The Village’s Solid Waste Vendor, Groot Industries can provide the proper disposal, of up to six (6) electronic items for a fee of $35.00.
Contact Groot at 800-244-1977 to schedule an E-Waste collection. For additional information regarding E-Waste disposal and other recycling requirements, please visit the Village of Morton Grove Web site under Garbage and Recycling or go to the Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County at www.swancc.org .