Summary of Benefits:
- Guaranteed at the ComEd rate, with no rate risk of paying more than ComEd
- No hidden fees, no additional monthly fee
- Maximum flexibility to join or leave the program, and never an enrollment or switch fee
- The Village earns designation as a US EPA Green Power Community, at zero cost
- Residents' power consumption is offset by the purchase of Renewable Energy Certificates (“REC”s) from renewable energy, such as wind and solar resources.
- Achieves a strategic objective of the Metropolitan Mayors Caucus Greenest Region Compact.
Electric Supply Price
The price is equal to ComEd’s monthly published rate including the Purchased Electricity Charge, Transmission Service Charge and Purchased Electricity Adjustment for each applicable month.
The program will start on November 2021 ComEd meter read and continue through your November 2022 meter read.
Who is Eligo Energy?
Eligo Energy is a certified, retail electric-service provider headquartered in Chicago. Eligo Energy holds a license from the Illinois Commerce Commission to sell power in Illinois.
Eligo Energy has been selected in a competitive bid process to serve eligible residents and small businesses with an electric supply for a 12-month term beginning with the November 2021 ComEd meter read cycle.
Contact Eligo Energy
For questions regarding the Electric Aggregation Program, please contact Eligo Energy first before contacting the Village.
201 W. Lake Street
Chicago, IL 60606
Phone: (847) 350-1136
For more information on the company, visit www.EligoEnergy.com.
What is electric aggregation?
In 2009, Illinois began allowing municipalities to seek bids for the provision of aggregate electric supply services to their residents and small businesses. In 2012 the Village implemented an electric aggregation program which ran until July 2017 and saved residents approximately $1,800,000. The Village’s electric aggregation program was restarted in 2021 and offered qualifying residents the option of participating in a Green Energy Program. The Village will again offer participation in a Green Energy Program for 2022 through Eligo Energy.
What is the Green Electric Aggregation Program?
The Village has renewed its electric aggregation program as a Green Electric Aggregation Program for 2022. For a 12-month term beginning in November 2021 some customers will remain with ComEd and some will be switched to Eligo Energy based on the customer’s usage patterns. The rate charged to all Eligo Energy customers will always exactly equal the ComEd’s residential rate. Eligo Energy will also purchase Renewable Energy Certificates (“REC”s) from renewable energy from wind generation resources to offset 50% of the Village’s entire electric aggregation usage.
To learn how Renewable / Green Energy and RECs work, view a short video prepared by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
How is enrollment handled?
During the second week in September, notices will be mailed from the Village to all eligible residential or small business customers regarding the action required to participate in the program. There are three types of letters (letter type is specified on the top of your letter):
- GREEN ELECTRIC AGGREGATION PROGRAM NOTICE Customers receiving this letter will be enrolled automatically to receive electric supply from Eligo Energy unless they choose to opt out by following the instructions in the letter.
- INFORMATIVE ONLY NOTICE Customers receiving this letter will remain with ComEd. If customers want electric supply from Eligo Energy, they may opt in by calling (847) 350-1136, Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- OPT IN NOTICE Customers receiving this letter are currently served by another competitive retail electric supplier. If these customers want to continue to receive service from their current electric supplier, no additional action is needed. If these customers want to receive their electric supply from Eligo Energy, they may opt in by calling (847) 350-1136, Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. or by emailing Eligo Energy email@example.com
What if I have already switched to another electricity supplier?
If you have already switched to an Alternative Retail Electricity Supplier (ARES), you can still opt into the program. See above for enrollment directions. You should always check with your current provider to better understand any restrictions or policies that may apply.
Will I be charged any additional fees?
No. There are no enrollment, switching, or early termination fees for the program. You will only be obligated to pay for services rendered under the contract until your service is terminated.
If I switch my electric supply service, will I receive notification from ComEd?
ComEd will always mail a confirmation letter indicating a service change whether you switch to Eligo Energy or return to ComEd supply service.
What will change on my electric bill if I’m enrolled?
You will continue to receive a single bill from ComEd each month. If you opt into the program, “Eligo Energy” will be designated as your supplier in the “Supply” section of your ComEd bill. ComEd will collect the supply fee and will remit it to Eligo Energy.
Can I still participate in ComEd’s billing and assistance programs?
Yes. There is no impact to ComEd services, and you can still participate in all ComEd available programs such as budget billing plans, and/or financial assistance.
Can I still have my payment automatically deduced from my checking account as I do now?
Yes. The way you pay your ComEd bill will not change.
Who so I call regarding power outages or service problems?
ComEd at its normal service number 1-800-EDISON-1 (1-800-334-7661)
Will my electric service be disrupted when I switch?
No, there will be no disruption in service. You will continue to receive the same electric service through the same transmission and distribution system currently operated by ComEd. The switch to Eligo Energy is seamless.
What happens at the end of the program term?
At the end of the term, if the Village decides to end the program, all accounts served by Eligo Energy will be returned to ComEd service.
Will someone come to my home or call to sign me up?
No one from Eligo Energy, ComEd, or the Village will ever visit your home or call you to enroll. If a solicitor claims to be the Village supplier, Eligo Energy, or ComEd, take their information and report the incident to the ICC at www.icc.illinois.gov/complaints. Never reveal your ComEd account number or allow a solicitor to view your ComEd bill unless you are certain you wish to enroll with that supplier and have read all terms and conditions.