Santa is once again coming to town! This year’s Santa Comes to Town Parade
Saturday, December 4th
- Santa begins at Greenwood & Waukegan at 11:00 a.m. His trip will end at Main Street and Austin Avenue between 1:15 and 1:30 p.m.
- Santa will reappear at the northwest corner of Harrer Park (6250 Dempster) for a “DRIVE-UP” greeting and to provide gifts to children receiving specially mark candy from the parade.
See the Map for a details about Santa route through town
* Due to the current public health situation, this year’s gift redemption
will be “drive-up” ONLY! Those wishing to redeem specially marked candy must enter the west side of the park from westbound Dempster St.
2021 SANTA COMES TO TOWN
Santa “Drive-by” and Gift Redemption
This year’s Santa visit and gift redemption will be DRIVE-UP ONLY! Families are invited to bring the “family sleigh” to greet Santa and/or redeem specially marked candy at the northwest corner of Harrer Park. The current public health situation has forced Santa to make a few changes to increase the safety of his “Helpers” and the public. Please refer to the below diagram for detail.
- Families wishing to greet Santa and/or redeem a specially marked sucker for a gift must enter the west drive at Harrer Park from westbound Dempster St. only. Look for a “preferred redemption time” on the specially marked sucker.
- Santa will greet all families as they drive north on the park driveway. Santa’s helpers will remain socially distanced as they direct drivers through the area.
- There will also be a roadside mailbox available for children to deposit their letters to Santa!
- The first 1000 visiting children will receive a Santa coloring book, a box of crayons and a candy cane in a plastic bag. (one bag per child)
Gift Redemption Only:
- Those redeeming specially marked candy will be directed to a location where the driver will pull over and open the trunk or rear hatch of their vehicle.
- A Helper will place the gift(s) in the vehicle and close the trunk/hatch.
- All drivers will exit the park eastbound on Lake Street.