The Greener Morton Grove Award program is designed to recognize businesses, organizations, groups and multi-unit residential facilities in Morton Grove who have promoted environmentally sustainable ideas and practices. The Village appreciates the importance of everyone in the Village- government, schools, residents, businesses, and community organizations working together to reach our sustainability goals.
One organization will be honored for overall excellence and achievement. Recognition will also be given for advancements in any one of the following categories.
- Waste Reduction & Recycling
- Water Conservation
- Energy Conservation
- Public Education & Awareness
Who Can Apply
- Businesses located in Morton Grove
- Community Organizations Serving Morton Grove
- Schools, Churches, Libraries and Park Districts Serving Morton Grove Residents
- Condominium Homeowners’ Associations
- Apartment Building Owners and Managers
- Scout Troops
- Not for Profit Organizations
Unsure if your project qualifies? We welcome all applications and encourage everyone to tell us what sustainable actions you are taking. Here are some examples of possible initiatives that would qualify:
- Installing Recycling Containers
- Planting Native Species
- Low Energy Lightbulbs
- Replace Water Heaters/Appliances with High Efficiency
- Employee Volunteer Work
- Using Recycled Content Materials
- Organization-wide Contests to Promote Recycling
- Public Awareness About Best Sustainability Practices
- Green Cleaning Supplies
How to Apply
Online application can be found here.
Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2022
Winner(s) will be honored at the Village Board meeting in May and in Village publications.