Landscape Waste Programs
The Landscape waste collection season is March 15 through December 15. Residents have several options regarding the disposal of landscape waste. Groot offers using the Landscape Sticker Program, participating in the Landscape Waste Subscription Program, or Landscape Waste/Food Scrap Subscription Program.
Landscape Bundling & Acceptability
- Landscape which is too bulky to be placed in a bag, such as branches or brush must be securely tied, (with biodegradable twine) bundled not to exceed 4 feet in length, no larger than 2 feet in diameter and weigh no more than 45 lbs.
- Acceptable landscape includes: grass clippings, leaves, branches, brush, garden plants.
Residents can purchase landscape waste stickers from the following local retailers and apply the stickers to bags or bundles of landscape waste:
- Village of Morton Grove | 6101 Capulina Avenue – 847-965-4100
- Jewel Food Store (at Milwaukee & Oakton) – 847-965-3925
- Walgreens | 5730 Dempster Street – 847-583-9309
- Walgreens | 9301 Waukegan Road – 847-965-2444
- Morton Grove Food Mart (at Lincoln & Marmora)
Landscape Waste Subscription Program
From March 15 through December 15 of each year, residents subscribing to this service may place three (3) landscape waste bags or bundles or acquire from the vendor a landscape two-wheel cart for placement at the resident’s waste collection point each landscape waste collection day, without a landscape waste sticker. (see Fee Schedule) Any bag or bundle placed at the resident’s waste collection point in excess of the above stated amounts must have a landscape waste sticker.
Landscape Waste/Food Scrap Cart Subscription Program
65 Gallon Container
95 Gallon Container (see Fee Schedule)
From March 15 through December 15 of each year, residents may participate in food waste composting by subscribing to the 95 or 65 gallon Landscape Waste/Food Scrap Cart Subscription Program. Any bag or bundle placed outside of the cart will require a prepaid sticker to be affixed to each item. Food scraps can only be placed in the Groot provided container.
- Acceptable food scraps for composting include: fruits, vegetables, bread, grains, pasta, cereal, non-liquid dairy, eggshells, coffee grounds (no coffee filters) and tea leaves (no teabags)
- Unacceptable food scraps includes: teabags and coffee filters, meat, poultry or seafood (no shells or bones), paper products (paper towels, plates, napkins, egg cartons, and pizza boxes), glass, plastics, Styrofoam, diapers, pet litter and waste, liquids, grease and oil.