Animal Bite Investigations:

MGPD Officers and Animal Control responds to reports of animal bites. Domestic animal bites (domestic animal vs. domestic animal [or] domestic animal vs. person) will undergo the rabies observation quarantine period, to observe the animal for signs of rabies. Wild animal bites will be tested for rabies.

Call 9-1-1 to be connected to the Morton Grove Police Department, to report an animal bite.

Pet Licenses:

Every owner of any dog, cat or ferret over six (6) months of age must obtain a permit to own said animal from the Village of Morton Grove and pay a permit fee. The owner must provide the Village of Morton Grove with proof the animal has been currently inoculated against rabies and that the inoculation has not expired as a condition of obtaining and maintaining said permit.

Pet licenses can be purchased online, or by visiting the Morton Grove Village Hall located at 6101 Capulina Avenue, Morton Grove, IL. 60053 (note: in person purchases of pet licenses require payment with a check only).

Rabies Inoculations:

All owners of dogs, cats, and ferrets over four (4) months of age shall have such animals inoculated against rabies by a licensed veterinarian at such intervals as required by the state of Illinois.

Rabies inoculation tags shall at all times be attached to the collars or harnesses worn by the dogs, cats, or ferrets for which the certificates and tags have been issued.

Owning a Pet in Morton Grove:

Animal Control enforces various animal related ordinances in the Village of Morton Grove. Violations will result in a verbal warning, written warning, or written citation. Contact the Morton Grove Police Department or Animal Control to report an ordinance violation by calling: (847) 470-5200. If you have an emergency, please call 9-1-1.

Reference the Village of Morton Grove, Animal Control Municipal Code: Chapter 6, Section 4; for additional details regarding Village animal ordinances.

Lost and Found Animals:

Animal Control maintains records of all pets that have been reported lost or found in the Village of Morton Grove. To report a missing pet, please contact the Morton Grove Police Department or Animal Control at (847) 470-5200. If you observe a stray/wandering pet, please call 9-1-1.

The lost and found animal program supports residents in recovering their lost pets. Stray dogs can be brought to the Morton Grove Police to be temporarily housed until they are placed with a shelter for adoption.

Photos and descriptions of found animals in Morton Grove will also be posted to the Morton Grove Police Department FB page.

Resource: Facebook—Morton Grove Police Department

Animal Surrender:

If you are unable to continue caring for your pet, please contact the Animal Control Officer at (847) 470-5200, to discuss possible animal surrender/rehoming options.

Scroll to Top