The Morton Grove Police Department takes the crime of Identity Theft extremely seriously. The Police Department continues to receive numerous calls from individuals seeking guidance on reporting Unemployment Insurance (IDES-related) fraud. Since the Police Department is unable to access the appropriate resources needed to investigate and obtain criminal charges for this type of Federal crime activity, individuals are now referred directly to IDES to report the fraud.
Individuals that suspect a fraudulent unemployment claim has been filed with the Illinois Department of Unemployment Security, also known as IDES, using their personal information for Illinois Unemployment Insurance Benefits, should take the following steps:
- Contact IDES directly at 800-814-0513 to report what you have received
- Fill out the IDES UI Fraud/Identity Theft Contact Form at the following internet link: https://www2.illinois.gov/ides (About Ides tab, Contact IDES, Contact Form)
- Request your free credit reports via https://www.annualcreditreport.com and review them for other fraudulent activities.
- The Morton Grove Police Department is unable to access the appropriate resources needed to investigate and obtain criminal charges for this type of Federal crime activity
- Again, please contact IDES directly at 800-814-0513 to report the fraudulent claim
The Morton Grove Police Department can generate an incident number and log the incident in the Computer Aided Dispatch System if needed.
Anyone who is struggling with this process can contact the Police Department via our non emergency number, and a Police Officer can contact you to help.