SENIORS MATTER RIDESHARE PROGRAM APPLICATION
As of 8/31/2023, grant funds have been exhausted. The Rideshare Program is temporarily on hold while we explore options for future funding.
The "Seniors Matter" rideshare program is a partnership between the Village of Morton Grove and the SafeLIGHT Foundation and provides Lyft rides for Morton Grove residents 65 and older to medical appointments, grocery stores and pharmacies within the boundaries of the Village of Morton Grove. Rides to Lutheran General Hospital, Skokie Hospital and Glenbrook Hospital campuses for medical appointments are also available. Each participant must register and be able to use a cell phone. Program applicants must meet all the following criteria to qualify for the program:
• Must be a Morton Grove resident
• Must be 65 years of age or older
• Must be able to use a cell phone without assistance to communicate with the service provider. Instruction will be available.
• The participant must be able to enter and exit a vehicle without assistance
The Seniors Matter Rideshare is a pilot program which will continue until the limited funding is exhausted.
Program Costs: There is no cost to riders. Tipping drivers is optional and up to the discretion of the participant.
What is the application and approval process for this program?
- Complete the accompanying application and submit it to the Village.
- Email it to: email@example.com .
- Drop the application off in person or mail it to:
American Legion Civic Center
6140 Dempster St. Morton Grove, IL 60053.
Applications will be reviewed by Village staff. Approved applicants will be notified via email (if provided) or phone. The approval notification will include additional information on how to use the program's services. For questions, call 847-663-3070.