Rain or shine, the Village's community-wide garage sale will occur on Friday, June 24 through Sunday, June 26. This is a great opportunity to find local treasures around Morton Grove, as well as clear out a few treasures of your own.
All sellers must register (it's free!), and we will provide a location guide/map to all garage sale destinations.
Click here to sign up online. Register by June 9, 2022 to be included on the Village Maps!
Online registration will be available soon.
RULES/FAQS FOR 2022 VILLAGE-WIDE GARAGE SALES
- WHO NEEDS A GARAGE SALE PERMIT? Anyone wishing to host a garage sale (sometimes referred to as a “yard sale”) on residential property
- WHAT CAN BE SOLD AT A GARAGE SALE? Used clothing, household goods, wares and merchandise, owned by the holder(s) of the garage sale permit.
- WHEN ARE GARAGE SALES PERMITTED? Sales may be conducted only from 9:00 am to 8:00 p.m. on Friday through Sunday. The 2022 Annual Village-Wide Garage Sale will take place from Friday June 24-Sunday June 26.
- HOW MANY PERMITS ARE ALLOWED PER YEAR? No more than two (2) permits may be issued for any residential premise in a single calendar year. (Joint applications will be counted against the owner/renter of the property where the sales occur. Permits for the Annual Village-Wide Garage Sale are not counted against this limit.
- WHAT IS THE PERMIT FEE: The garage sale permit fee is $10.00. Permits for the Annual Village-Wide Garage Sale are FREE.
- WHO CAN APPLY FOR A PERMIT? The owner or tenant where the sale will take place must apply for the permit. Persons living in different Village households may jointly apply for a permit for the same sale at a single residence.
- WHERE DO YOU APPLY FOR A PERMIT? Permits are issued by the Village’s Finance Department at Village Hall, 6101 Capulina Ave. Morton Grove.
- WHAT ARE THE SIGNAGE REGULATIONS FOR GARAGE SALES?
- Only Village of Morton Grove-issued garage sale signs may be used to advertise a garage sale in the Village.
- All non-Village-issued signs and items used to draw attention to the sale, including, but not limited to, banners, streamers and loudspeakers, are prohibited.
- Each sign must have a current Village-issued garage sale permit for the sale to be conducted affixed to the front and back of the sign.
- Beginning in June 2022, the Village will provide two (2) garage sale signs and four (4) stickers for each permit issued. Additional signs (stickers included) are available for $5.00 each and additional permit stickers are available for $1 each.
- At least one sign with the affixed permit must be prominently displayed on the premise for which the permit has been issued so that it is easily visible to persons passing by the premises.
- No more than five (5) Village-issued garage sale signs may be displayed for any one sale.
- Signs may be displayed only on the date(s) listed on the permit and shall be removed the day the garage sale ends before 9:00 p.m.
- Signs are not allowed within the public road right-of-way, attached to any fence, post, wall, tree, pole, or upon any other structure in any street, highway, alley, or public place in the Village.
- Property owner permission is required prior to placing signs on private property.