The Village of Morton Grove is comprised of approximately 5.25 square miles, of which less than one percent remains undeveloped. The community features outstanding access to the Chicagoland region via Metra rail, Pace bus, and Interstate highways I-94 (Edens Expressway) and I-294 (Tri-State Tollway).
The Village includes a balance of residential neighborhoods, commercial corridors with retail centers, and professional corporate areas. The Village actively promotes redevelopment in commercial and professional areas.
Morton Grove is proud to be the home of many successful corporate, professional and manufacturing facilities including:
- Avon Products, cosmetics
- Crane Packing, manufacturer of mechanical seals for several industries
- ITT / Xylem, manufacturer of residential and industrial pumps used world-wide
- Kraft Foods, research and development
- The Land of Nod, children’s retailer
- Lifeway Foods, manufacturer of Kefir and other dairy products
- Morton Grove Pharmaceuticals, manufacturer of pharmaceutical products
- Regis Technologies, pharmaceutical & bio-tech research & development
- Strange Engineering, manufacturer of performance automobile parts
Morton Grove is also proud to host a variety of commercial businesses including restaurants, retail stores, and professional services. A sample of local businesses includes:
- Bank of America
- Castle Honda
- Dominick’s Grocery
- Eddie Bauer Outlet
- Giordano's Pizza
- Harlem Furniture
- Illinois Bone and Joint Institute
- Lin-Mar Motors
- McGrath Acura
- Pequod’s Pizza
- Pet Supplies Plus
- Produce World
- T.J. Maxx
- Work ‘N Gear
These businesses all take advantage of Morton Grove’s favorable tax structure, quality of life, stable neighborhoods and well-placed commercial areas, along with steady annual growth in the overall property tax base. Morton Grove’s location, especially with its high traffic volume on commercial corridors, along with rail transit (via a Metra stop in the heart of the community) and bus public transit (via Pace), gives industrial and commercial businesses a real edge for labor availability and affordability.
All of these factors contributed to the Village’s recognition in 2007 by Family Circle magazine as a “Best Towns for Families”.
Contact the Department of Community and Economic Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 470-5231 for complete information about Morton Grove as the ideal location for your business.