The Village of Morton Grove is a mature inner-ring suburb with immediate access to interstate, commuter rail, and recreational trail networks. Residents enjoy the comforts of suburban living, access to 400 acres of Cook County Forest Preserves, a mix of small businesses and national retailers, a short commute to Chicago’s Loop, and a community rich in diversity. Today, over 40% of residents were born outside of the United States, an increase of over 7% since 2000.
Morton Grove comprises 5.09 square miles of land area. The community benefits from excellent locational assets, including Metra commuter rail service (Milwaukee District/North Line), Pace bus service, and interstate highway access (I-94 Edens Expressway and I-294 Tri-State Tollway). The community features a balance of residential neighborhoods, commercial corridors with retail centers, industrial districts, and professional corporate areas. The Village actively promotes redevelopment to maintain a strong and stable tax base, job opportunities, housing options, and amenities for residents.
Morton Grove is the proud home of many successful corporate offices and manufacturing facilities, including:
- Avon Products - cosmetics manufacturer
- Crane Packing - mechanical seal manufacturer
- ITT / Xylem - manufacturer of residential and industrial pumps used internationally
- Kraft Foods - research and development
- The Land of Nod - children’s retailer
- Lifeway Foods - manufacturer of Kefir and other dairy products
- Morton Grove Pharmaceuticals - pharmaceutical products manufacturer
- Regis Technologies - pharmaceutical and bio-technology research and development
- Strange Engineering - manufacturer of performance automobile parts
Morton Grove also supports a colorful variety of commercial businesses, including restaurants, retail stores, and professional service establishments. From small family-owned storefronts to national chains, the Village is home to a thriving business community. These businesses take advantage of Morton Grove’s excellent location, responsive government, favorable tax structure, access to a skilled and diverse workforce, high quality of life, stable neighborhoods, high-traffic commercial corridors, and steady annual growth in the overall property tax base.
Review the Morton Grove Community Overview for key demographic figures and contact the Department of Community and Economic Development at [email protected] or 847-663-3063 for more information on why Morton Grove is the ideal location for your business.