The Village only accepts applications and resumes in connection with specific advertised positions. Applications and resumes are not kept on file. If there is an advertised position you would like to apply for listed below, please click on the corresponding link for more information.
Public Works Maintenance Worker
The Village of Morton Grove Public Works Department is excited to announce recruitment for a full-time Maintenance Worker position in the Forestry Division of the Public Works Department. To be considered for the position, applicants must submit a completed application packet (Application Packet) that includes the following by 12:00 pm Wednesday, May 18, 2021 to the office of the Director of Public Works (email@example.com.), 7840 Nagle Avenue, Morton Grove, IL 60053:
- Completed online application (Required)
- Attached Cover Letter (Required)
- Attached Resume (Required)
Part-Time School Crossing Guard
The Morton Grove Police Department is accepting applications for the position of School Crossing Guard.
This is a seasonal, part-time civilian position with no benefits. Salary is $14.25 per hour and work hours are one hour in the morning between 7am-9am and/or one hour in the afternoon between 2pm-4pm in the afternoon. Please note that due to the quarantine, work hours may vary depending on school assignment.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, high school graduate and able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions. Must be able to work with children and able to instruct them in the need of crossing streets in a safe manner. Must hold a valid Illinois driver’s license and clear driving record. Must pass a background investigation, polygraph test, medical exam and drug screen.
- Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. or mailed/dropped off at the Morton Grove Police Department at 6101 Capulina Avenue, Morton Grove, IL 60053.
- Application Deadline: Until filled.
- For questions or more information, please contact Records Coordinator Claire Siau at 847/470-5200.
- Click here to download the application packet.
The Morton Grove Police Department in conjunction with The Northwest Suburban Police Consortium are currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. All requirements must be met by the specified deadline, Monday, April 26, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
Applications are available at: https://iosolutions.com/product/northwest-suburban-police-consortium-application-2
Click here to view minimum requirements:
Part-Time Community Service Officer
The Morton Grove Police Department is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of part-time Community Service Officer. This will be a non-sworn, uniformed, civilian position within the ranks of the police department.
Work hours for the position will be three 4-hour shifts a week for a total of 12 hours per week. There will be one mandatory 4-hour shift every Friday between 0700-1700 hours. The remaining two 4-hour shifts can be scheduled between 0700-1700 Monday – Thursday. An opportunity to work more hours or additional shifts will be presented when available but are limited to 1,000 hours per year.
Duties include but are not limited to office support duties, copying, data entry, filing, document destruction, front desk reception, assisting police and the public in person and on the telephone, report writing, parking enforcement and traffic direction. May perform searches of male and female prisoners as required and physical well-being checks of prisoners in cells and holding areas.
Candidates must possess excellent customer service skills and must be able to communicate effectively via telephone or in person in a patient and courteous manner in a high stress environment. Must be able to comprehend, interpret, explain and make decisions in accordance to established department procedures and policies. Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and must be able to lift 20 pounds or more. Preferred candidates will possess some law enforcement background.
Starting pay is $20.09 per hour.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work every Friday. May work some weekends and some holidays.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Clerical/customer service experience.
- Strong ability to multi-task and high attention to detail.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Ability to learn industry specific software.
- Team player and ability to interact well with others.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license and clear driving record.
- Candidate must pass a background investigation, polygraph test, psychological examination, medical exam and drug screen.
- Application packets are available on-line at http://www.mortongroveil.org/government/employment-opportunities/
- Submit your application, disclosure form, cover letter, resume and a copy of your high school or college diploma via e-mail to email@example.com.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
- Faxed or hard copies of the application packet will not be accepted.
- All communication regarding the hiring process will be sent via e-mail. All applicants must provide a valid e-mail address.
ASSISTANT FINANCE DIRECTOR
The Village of Morton Grove, Illinois is a mature near-north suburb of Chicago with immediate access to interstate, public transit, and recreational trail networks. Residents enjoy the comforts of suburban living, access to 400 acres of Cook County Forest Preserves, a mix of small businesses and national retailers, a short commute to Chicago’s Loop, and a community rich in diversity. Today, over 40% of residents were born outside of the United States, an increase of over 7% since 2000.
The Village is seeking an Assistant Finance Director to assist the Finance Director with a variety of accounting, payroll, budget preparation, supervision, records management, auditing and other operational functions. The Assistant Finance Director also works closely with other Village departments in budgeting, bidding and purchasing, auditing and reconciliation, preparation of reports and assisting with the review and management of employee health and insurance benefits.
The Assistant Finance Director will, under the direction of the Finance Director:
- Assist the Finance Director with various duties as assigned.
- Supervise clerical staff performance of operational duties including accounts payable, utility billing, payroll and special projects.
- Supervise and modify front desk operations including customer service processes and respond to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Make other recommendations to the Finance Director.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field from an accredited college or university and have experience in a government finance related field. The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required:
Knowledge, skills and experience in generally accepted accounting principles; use of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel) and Adobe operations as well as other Village software; customer service; understanding various municipal pension and health & benefit programs; organization; fluency in English required.
- Clear and professional writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgement.
- Ability to effectively problem solve and to prioritize and multitask to meet objectives and established deadlines
- Ability to work with the Village’s ERP to become in-house expert of the financial module
- Ability to develop functional skills related to utilizing other Village software specific to departments/tasks in which responsibilities lie. (i.e. Freedom of Information software, ticket & code enforcement software and other finance software).
Salary range $88,000 - $95,000 DOQ. IMRF pension and excellent benefit package included.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications accepted until position is filled. Visit this link to view the full job description.
Cover letters should be addressed to the attention of Hanna Sullivan, Finance Director.
Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Attn: Human Resources
6101 Capulina Avenue
Morton Grove, Illinois 60053
The Village of Morton Grove is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Check back in the future for new Morton Grove employment opportunities.