The Village only accepts applications and resumes in connection with specific advertised positions. Applications and resumes are not kept on file. If there is an advertised position you would like to apply for listed below, please click on the corresponding link for more information.
Part-Time Desk Community Service Officer
The Morton Grove Police Department is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of part-time Desk Community Service Officer to work the midnight shift. This will be a non-sworn, uniformed, civilian position within the ranks of the police department.
Regular mandatory hours for part-time Desk CSOs are generally a minimum of two (2) consecutive 4 to 8 hour shifts weekly on the midnight shift between the hours of 10:00pm – 6:00am and/or afternoon shift from 2:00pm – 10:00pm on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays. Ideal candidates should have availability during those times. An opportunity to work more hours or additional shifts will be presented when available but are limited to 1,000 hours per year.
Duties include but are not limited to front desk reception, data entry, assisting police and the public in person and on the telephone, report writing and other office support duties. Perform searches of male and female prisoners as required and physical well-being checks of prisoners in cells and holding areas.
Candidates must possess excellent customer service skills and must be able to communicate effectively via telephone or in person in a patient and courteous manner in a high stress environment. Must be able to comprehend, interpret, explain and make decisions in accordance to established department procedures and policies. Preferred candidates will possess some law enforcement background.
Starting pay is $20.95 per hour.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work any shift plus weekends and holidays if needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Clerical/customer service experience.
- Strong ability to multi-task and high attention to detail.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Ability to learn industry specific software.
- Team player and ability to interact well with others.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license and clear driving record.
- Candidate must pass a background investigation, polygraph test, psychological examination, medical exam and drug screen.
- Submit your application, disclosure form, cover letter, resume and a copy of your high school or college diploma via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Application Deadline: Until filled.
- Faxed or hard copies of the application packet will not be accepted.
- All communication regarding the hiring process will be sent via e-mail. All applicants must provide a valid e-mail address.
Part-Time School Crossing Guard
The Morton Grove Police Department is accepting applications for the position of School Crossing Guard.
This is a seasonal, part-time civilian position with no benefits. Salary is $14.25 per hour and work hours are one hour in the morning between 7am-9am and/or one hour in the afternoon between 2pm-4pm in the afternoon. Please note that due to the quarantine, work hours may vary depending on school assignment.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, high school graduate and able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions. Must be able to work with children and able to instruct them in the need of crossing streets in a safe manner. Must hold a valid Illinois driver’s license and clear driving record. Must pass a background investigation, polygraph test, medical exam and drug screen.
- Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. or mailed/dropped off at the Morton Grove Police Department at 6101 Capulina Avenue, Morton Grove, IL 60053.
- Application Deadline: Until filled.
- For questions or more information, please contact Records Coordinator Claire Siau at 847/470-5200.
- Click here to download the application packet.
The Village of Morton Grove is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Check back in the future for new Morton Grove employment opportunities.