The Village only accepts applications and resumes in connection with specific advertised positions. Applications and resumes are not kept on file. If there is an advertised position you would like to apply for listed below, please click on the corresponding link for more information.
ASSISTANT FINANCE DIRECTOR
The Village of Morton Grove, Illinois is a mature near-north suburb of Chicago with immediate access to interstate, public transit, and recreational trail networks. Residents enjoy the comforts of suburban living, access to 400 acres of Cook County Forest Preserves, a mix of small businesses and national retailers, a short commute to Chicago’s Loop, and a community rich in diversity. Today, over 40% of residents were born outside of the United States, an increase of over 7% since 2000.
The Village is seeking an Assistant Finance Director to assist the Finance Director with a variety of accounting, payroll, budget preparation, supervision, records management, auditing and other operational functions. The Assistant Finance Director also works closely with other Village departments in budgeting, bidding and purchasing, auditing and reconciliation, preparation of reports and assisting with the review and management of employee health and insurance benefits.
The Assistant Finance Director will, under the direction of the Finance Director:
- Assist the Finance Director with various duties as assigned.
- Supervise clerical staff performance of operational duties including accounts payable, utility billing, payroll and special projects.
- Supervise and modify front desk operations including customer service processes and respond to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Make other recommendations to the Finance Director.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field from an accredited college or university and have experience in a government finance related field. The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required:
Knowledge, skills and experience in generally accepted accounting principles; use of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel) and Adobe operations as well as other Village software; customer service; understanding various municipal pension and health & benefit programs; organization; fluency in English required.
- Clear and professional writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgement.
- Ability to effectively problem solve and to prioritize and multitask to meet objectives and established deadlines
- Ability to work with the Village’s ERP to become in-house expert of the financial module
- Ability to develop functional skills related to utilizing other Village software specific to departments/tasks in which responsibilities lie. (i.e. Freedom of Information software, ticket & code enforcement software and other finance software).
Salary range $88,000 - $95,000 DOQ. IMRF pension and excellent benefit package included.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications accepted until position is filled. Visit this link to view the full job description.
Cover letters should be addressed to the attention of Hanna Sullivan, Finance Director.
Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Attn: Human Resources
6101 Capulina Avenue
Morton Grove, Illinois 60053
The Village of Morton Grove is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Part-Time Desk Community Service Officer
The Morton Grove Police Department is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of part-time Desk Community Service Officer to work the midnight shift. This will be a non-sworn, uniformed, civilian position within the ranks of the police department.
Regular mandatory hours for part-time Desk CSOs are generally a minimum of two (2) consecutive 4 to 8 hour shifts weekly on the midnight shift between the hours of 10:00pm – 6:00am and/or afternoon shift from 2:00pm – 10:00pm on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays. Ideal candidates should have availability during those times. An opportunity to work more hours or additional shifts will be presented when available but are limited to 1,000 hours per year.
Duties include but are not limited to front desk reception, data entry, assisting police and the public in person and on the telephone, report writing and other office support duties. Perform searches of male and female prisoners as required and physical well-being checks of prisoners in cells and holding areas.
Candidates must possess excellent customer service skills and must be able to communicate effectively via telephone or in person in a patient and courteous manner in a high stress environment. Must be able to comprehend, interpret, explain and make decisions in accordance to established department procedures and policies. Preferred candidates will possess some law enforcement background.
Starting pay is $20.09 per hour.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work any shift plus weekends and holidays if needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Clerical/customer service experience.
- Strong ability to multi-task and high attention to detail.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Ability to learn industry specific software.
- Team player and ability to interact well with others.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license and clear driving record.
- Candidate must pass a background investigation, polygraph test, psychological examination, medical exam and drug screen.
- Submit your application, disclosure form, cover letter, resume and a copy of your high school or college diploma via e-mail to email@example.com.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
- Faxed or hard copies of the application packet will not be accepted.
- All communication regarding the hiring process will be sent via e-mail. All applicants must provide a valid e-mail address.
Check back in the future for new Morton Grove employment opportunities.