Effective January 1, 2020
Program Description: The Village of Morton Grove realizes that there are times when residents face financial difficulties that they may not be able to resolve without outside help. The Village will work to assist residents who are experiencing such difficulties with the goal being to provide supportive assistance and to help identify community resources that might provide financial assistance. The financial assistance program of the Village is limited in its capacity and scope and is guided by the following policies:
- Assistance is provided for Morton Grove residents only but assistance is not guaranteed.
- Only Morton Grove residents specifically listed on the utility bill or vehicle sticker invoice are eligible for assistance.
- Each household may apply to receive assistance one time, for one bill, every twelve months.
- Assistance may be provided only for the following Village obligations:
- The vehicle sticker
- The water/sewer/garbage bill
- The maximum amount of assistance each household may receive in a twelve month period is limited and is determined by Village officials.
Applying for Assistance: Each resident must set up an appointment with the Village Social Worker through the Village Administrator’s Office at 847-470-5220 to apply for financial assistance. Village staff will assist the resident in completing the application but the final decision for approval is made by the Finance Director of the Village.
To be eligible for assistance, the resident’s income for the previous 30 days must be no greater than 150% of the Federal Poverty Guideline. The Federal Poverty Guidelines change every year. For 2020, the following limitations for income are:
|Household Size||150% Poverty Level: Yearly||150% Poverty Level: 30 days|
- Current ID
- Proof of residency (current lease, mortgage coupon, or real estate tax with the name listed as resident)
- Income proof for all members of the household for 30 days prior to the date of the application
- Last year’s income tax (if filed)